Foot orthotics are great for taking the pressure off of your heels and ankles, as well as correcting pronation (when the foot rolls toward the arch). At Island Chiropractic, we offer custom foot orthotics to help fix your specific foot ailment.
Your feet serve a fundamental purpose for our bodies in that they carry us from place to place. When we notice that something is off or start to feel a nagging pain in our feet, it can directly place a negative impact on your daily life.
What Are Orthotics?
Orthotics are shoe inserts that can be custom made from a mold of your foot used to treat pain and offer support for your feet. Two kinds of orthotics are available: Functional and Accommodative orthotics. Functional orthotics are used for those with abnormal motion in their walking pattern. Accommodative orthotics provide support for those with uncomfortable foot conditions such as bunions and calluses.
If you have been noticing balance issues or if you have foot ailments such as bunions, consider implementing custom orthotics to help relieve some of your discomforts.
Common Foot Conditions Orthotics Help Treat:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Orthotics can provide your feet with the proper arch support that you need to help ease your pain and relieve the pressure off of your heel.
- Heel Spurs
- These often occur from walking with an abnormal posture, wearing shoes with little to no heel support, and from vigorous activities like running.
- Chiropractic can also correct a misalignment in your spine that may be impacting your walk and posture.
- Fallen Arches, a.k.a. “Flat feet”
- Ball-of-foot pain such as Metatarsalgia
- Custom inserts relieve the pressure from the ball of the foot.
Our orthotics offer daily relief and can last over a year in most cases. Orthotics are a great way to provide your feet with proper support and distribute your weight evenly. Make an appointment here to find out if custom orthotics are for you.