Treating a Personal Injury Accident
Injuries can happen anytime, anywhere. However, a personal injury is more specific. A personal injury is one that causes damage to the human body by an accident or mishap. This injury takes place outside of the workplace, on one’s personal account. If you have experienced a personal injury, you should contact Island Chiropractic and our chiropractor near Plainview for treatment options.
What Qualifies as a Personal Injury?
Some of the most common personal injury cases include:
- Slips and falls
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian or cyclist accidents
- Spinal cord injury or back injury
All of these types of injuries are considered to be personal injuries if they do not occur in the workplace. These injuries can be treated by a chiropractor near Plainview. A chiropractor can help you get on the path to recovery.
No matter what your personal injury is, our chiropractor can uncover underlying issues caused by your accident. There are a wide variety of treatment options depending on your injury. These treatments include but are not limited to:
- Adjustments and manipulation - This treatment helps remove pressure on your nerves and increase blood flow, causing less pain around the injured area. It can help reduce headache pain as well as back, neck, and shoulder pain.
- Chiropractic massage - Chiropractic massages can help ease your pain by relaxing muscles and reducing inflammation around the injured area.
- Therapeutic exercise - Therapeutic exercise can help you regain strength, flexibility, and mobility of injured muscles. The exercises that are done are unique to the personal injury at hand.
- Cryotherapy - This treatment can help treat muscles spasms that may have resulted from a personal injury. The freezing temperatures can reduce inflammation and enhance recovery.
Contact a Chiropractor Today
Chiropractic care can assist in your recovery process. After experiencing a personal injury, be sure to consult with our chiropractor near Plainview for professional help. Even if you took a traditional route to recovery with medicine and doctor’s tips to heal, your body might be telling you there is still something wrong. A chiropractor may find underlying issues that your primary care doctor may have overlooked. A chiropractor will guide you to treatments that will make your body feel as good as new.