Massage therapy can be a highly effective treatment option for a wide range of different ailments that you may be experiencing. Depending on the injury, there are many different types of massages that can significantly alleviate your condition. Here at Island Chiropractic, we offer massage therapy in Hicksville that will provide a solution to your pain and discomfort.
Types of massage therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage - with deep tissue massages, a therapist will slowly apply intense pressure to the deep areas within your muscles and tissue. While this type of massage might cause some initial discomfort, it is extremely effective at reducing pain and tension. Deep tissue massages have been known to treat conditions such as lower back pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis, tennis elbow, and fibromyalgia.
- Sports Massage - this type of massage therapy is great for athletic individuals. This is because it can prepare an athlete and help them recover from any physical limitations they may be feeling. This type of massage will help to increase a person’s range of motion, blood flow, and flexibility. Sports massages are focused on the body’s connective tissue and its deep muscle structure. They are essentially completed by using hard and deep strokes with increased finger pressure on the affected area.
- Lymphatic Massage - this type of massage works to reduce swelling and increase the blood flow in the body. It will help to solve any problems that your lymphatic system might be having.
- Myofascial Release - this massage therapy treatment is comprised of using sustained and gentle pressure on the myofascial connective tissue restrictions. It will help to relax the contracted muscles and increase the lymphatic drainage.
- Rehabilitative Massage - this is designed to help you recover from injuries that you may have sustained, as well as allow you to regain your full range of motion. Some examples of rehabilitative massage are active release, myofascial release, and neuromuscular therapy. These techniques will help locate and treat the pain or spasms. The ultimate goal of this therapy is to help return these muscles back to their normal and natural state.
Here at Island Chiropractic, massage therapy in Hicksville is just one of the many services that we provide our patients. We take great pride in treating all of our patients like family. Come visit our team of professionals and we will ensure that you receive the highest quality care that you deserve.
If you are interested in learning more about massage therapy in Hicksville, make an appointment with us here.