If you are dealing with aches and pains in your joints, spasms in your muscles, or soft tissue injuries, ultrasound therapy may be the solution for you. This type of therapy uses sound waves that cause vibrations in the tissue of your body. These vibrations will work to help ease the pain you are dealing with. At Island Chiropractic, our chiropractor in Hicksville can offer ultrasound therapy as one of our many services.
How it can help you
- Increase blood flow - ultrasound therapy will help to increase blood flow in the area of your body that the therapy is performed on. By using the ultrasound device, the vibrations will pass through your skin and go to the tissues in that area of the body. This will help to increase blood flow through this area.
- Tissue relaxation - if you are dealing with tense and tightened tissues, ultrasound can help. The vibrations it gives off will ease the tense muscles and put them in a more relaxed state. Our chiropractor in Hicksville will be able to treat your pain by using this method of therapy.
- Healing rate - another great benefit of choosing ultrasound therapy is the healing rate. This method of therapy can help you recover from certain injuries and conditions at a more progressed paced compared to normal therapy without this method.
- Pain management - in connection with tissue relaxation, pain management is another use of ultrasound therapy. The vibrations that the ultrasound gives off can ease the tension in the muscles as well as stop swelling, which in turn will be able to reduce your pain you are experiencing.
- Tissue heating - along with the vibrations that the ultrasound gives off, it can also have heating effects that help relax the muscles. The heating of the tissue can have a positive effect on the body by being able to relax the muscles and tissues, while also reducing tension and reducing swelling.
Ultrasound therapy has countless benefits to offer people suffering from muscle, tissue, and joint pain. Here at Island Chiropractic, our chiropractor in Hicksville can help treat you using ultrasound therapy. If you would like to make an appointment with us, contact us today.