Have you been injured on the job? At Island Chiropractic, we are a 100% covered and an authorized workers compensation office that is covered by worker’s compensation insurance. Chiropractic care can effectively treat conditions such as herniated disc(s), lower back pain, and neck pain among many other ailments. If you have sustained an injury while at work, visit us to make an appointment with a workers comp doctor in Nassau County.
What is worker’s compensation insurance?
In the United States, worker’s compensation laws protect employers from being sued and allow employees to receive care for any injuries that they have sustained while at work. In simpler terms, employees that have been injured on the job are given a certain amount of money to use for treatment in an effort to eliminate the need for legal intervention.
What sort of injuries are commonly sustained while on the job?
Workplace injuries can differ, depending on what field you’re involved in. For example, if you work in an office typing all day, you may sustain a carpal tunnel injury. If you are employed in a more physical job such as construction or engineering, injuries can range from broken bones to sprains and strains.
Some of the most common injuries that are caused at work include:
- Strains and sprains
- Broken and/or fractured bones
- Caught “in-betweens” (being crushed, struck or caught in structure or material)- causing a variety of injuries including contusions, concussion, herniated discs, sprains, strains and broken bones
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Non-specified injuries including soreness and swelling (can be due to soft tissue injuries)
How can chiropractic care treat workplace injuries?
Chiropractic care uses a variety of treatment methods to treat injuries. Some of the more commonly used treatments include but are not limited to:
- Chiropractic adjustment
- This is generally done manually, relieving pain in the neck and low back
- Chiropractic massage
- Electric muscle stimulation
- Provides a multitude of benefits including relaxation, improved range of motion and increased blood flow to promote healing.
- Microcurrent therapy
- Great for muscle spasm relief.
Are you an employer?
At Island Chiropractic, we also offer chiropractic consultation services in the case that you would like a chiropractor to evaluate the ergonomics of your workspace. This can reduce your insurance premiums, saving you money in the long run. Contact us here for a chiropractor near Westbury that offers chiropractic consultations for workplaces!
Spinal Adjustments and Manipulations
A chiropractic adjustment is a pain-relieving method in which a qualified chiropractor uses a small instrument or their hands to apply a calculated, sudden exertion to the spine. Also referred to as spinal manipulation or manual therapy, the end goal of this method is to enhance spinal locomotion and upgrade your body's physical abilities. If you are experiencing any of the following pains and aches, contact Island Chiropractic, where a workers comp doctor in Nassau County can tend to your pain:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
Why Manual Therapy?
When the spine is not aligned correctly, it can yield various long-term complications. The vertebral joints and discs start to deteriorate, enforcing decreased movement, and decreased function. When the spine is misaligned, the nervous system can be compromised and becomes unable to perform normally. Therefore, the nerves become exasperated and inflamed which can cause discomfort. A normal functioning nervous system is key in allowing the body to effectively manage any diseases or conditions affecting the body. The benefits of spinal manipulation include:
- Pain relief: Due to the effectiveness of this practice, spinal manipulation can relieve your pain in as little as one visit. This targeted therapy may immediately subside your discomfort or worst case, do so in multiple visits.
- Improve flexibility: When your spine is realigned joints and muscles will be able to move freely in the fashion they are designed to, causing increased flexibility and range of motion.
- Surgery prevention: Before undergoing surgery, spinal manipulation is worth a shot. This procedure can subside your symptoms and allow long-term comfort, intercepting the reasons for surgery.
- Decreased drug dependence: The common story; experience pain, get over the counter drugs. If that doesn’t work, see a doctor and get prescribed drugs. Increasing in popularity is holistic healing, which is any procedure that diverts from drug use, like spinal manipulation. If it works effectively, the use of drugs will not be necessary.
If you believe this type of pain relief is for your discomfort, contact our chiropractor in Hicksville at Island Chiropractic.
Types of Spinal Manipulations
The chief reason for this procedure is to promote the body’s natural healing potential and assure a normal range of motion. With that, each patient, depending on their pain, may be susceptible to a variety of manipulation techniques. The following are some common techniques of spinal manipulations:
- Direct Thrust: Perhaps the most well-known, direct thrust manipulation utilizes s a swift, high velocity, low impact thrust, that promotes realignment and alleviates the pain you are feeling.
- Spinal Mobilization: The use of methodical stretches and low impact pressure applications are key in this technique. For patients with injuries such as osteoporosis, this technique is utilized to ensure that promotion of realignment is done in a less painful but effective way.
- Functional: To improve mobility and target injured joints, the functional approach is applied. This technique locates restricted joints. Once located the chiropractor will use professional discretion to promote the restriction to release. This approach is viewed as an art in the industry more than a practice.
- Articulatory: Articulatory is a type of spinal manipulation where to chiropractor walks the affected area through range of motion exercises. With the use of force, elasticity will increase and range of motion will vastly increase, allowing flexibility to stack up.
The above techniques do not represent the extent of manipulation options. There are a wide variety of applications that can be exercised to promote your pain relief and flexibility. Contact our workers compensation doctor in Nassau County at Island Chiropractic to see which types of manipulations they offer to their respective patients.
For over 30 years, Island chiropractic has offered natural, effective treatment to their patients. The three professional chiropractors on staff work together to diagnose and treat the agony you are living with. Investing in Island Chiropractic is investing in the pain-free future you so badly have been wanting. Call Island Chiropractic a workers comp doctor in Nassau County today, at (516) 822-1900 or contact us through our website.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident recently, whether you are injured or not, it is best to seek the attention of a chiropractor. A chiropractor can provide specialized care and attention to all injuries whether they are mild or severe. After a car accident, chiropractic care is especially effective for mild ailments, such as whiplash, that do not usually require the need for surgery or emergency medical assistance. If you have been in an auto accident recently and are in search of a workers comp doctor in Nassau County, consider contacting Island Chiropractic. Our team is specialized in treating a variety of injuries and conditions including ones associated with motor vehicle accidents.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
After experiencing a car accident, mild injuries will most likely become apparent within a few hours. Minor pains and aches can last for months and should not be ignored. When it comes to car accidents, symptoms can appear hours or days after the incident, sometimes lasting even months at a time. Upon appointment, a chiropractor will be able to evaluate your physical condition and curate a recovery plan designed to reduce the potential for future pain. The sooner you seek attention, the better. The longer you wait to seek attention, the more difficult it is to connect your injury to your accident. Therefore, despite the mildness of your discomfort, it is best to consult a professional.
How Island Chiropractic Will Help
At Island Chiropractic, our workers comp doctor in Nassau County will design a personalized treatment plan for you after an initial examination. Depending on the location of your injury, your first appointment may include an x-ray, offered at our facility. Once evaluated by our specialists, you can begin to undergo treatment. Treatments may include:
- Cryotherapy - Treatment can reduce inflammation and muscle spasms by applying concentrated cold air to the injured area.
- Spinal Adjustment/Manipulation - Spinal misalignments can occur as a result of a traumatic incident. A chiropractic adjustment can reduce pressure on the affected nerves.
- Therapeutic Exercise - Under the guidance of a chiropractor, this exercise can provide many benefits depending on the nature of your injury. Some benefits include the improvement of strength, flexibility, and mobility.
- Massage - Massage therapy helps to heal damaged tissue by providing direct pressure to the area, helping to reduce scar tissue and increase circulation.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasound therapy helps to increase blood flow to the area by administering localized sound waves to the injured body part.
Ease your injuries and console Island Chiropractic in your auto accident injuries. Seeking chiropractic treatment can help eliminate possible surgery and prevent ongoing pain. If you or a loved one has recently been involved in a car accident and are in search of a workers comp doctor in Nassau County, contact a chiropractor near Island Chiropractic today!
Can A Chiropractor Help With My Hip Pain
If you’re someone who lives with chronic hip pain, it can be hard to know what to do next. When all traditional methods of treatment have failed, we recommend you consider scheduling an appointment with us here at Island Chiropractic. Our workers comp doctor in Nassau County is well versed in helping patients overcome issues such as this, and can provide you with the relief you need. For more information on how we can help, continue reading.
Common Causes Of Hip Pain
When it comes to hip pain, there are no shortages of issues that may be causing your problem. Fortunately, our workers comp doctor in Nassau County knows how to handle them. With years of experience in this field, they will properly diagnose the issue at hand before moving forward with treatment. Examples of the conditions we are able to help with include but are not limited to:
- Arthritic issues.
- Labral issues.
When To See Our workers comp doctor in Nassau County
It is not uncommon for people to avoid seeking out medical attention when they’re dealing with pain. While it is true that sometimes pain can subside on its own, waiting too long to seek treatment can lead to serious damage taking place. If you find yourself dealing with any of the below, consider reaching out to our workers comp doctor in Nassau County:
- Inability to move your leg or hip.
- Increased swelling around your hip.
- Constant and intense pain.
How Island Chiropractic Will Help
Our workers comp doctor in Nassau County focuses on correcting misalignment issues related to the spine. Because your back supports your body, in many cases, issues of the spine can have a direct correlation. When your hip joint becomes misaligned, it can lead to pain and other issues. To help with this, we can administer chiropractic manipulates and adjustments to those in need. This process involves placing specific amounts of pressure onto the areas around your hip to get you back to being pain-free. However, it’s important to remember that it will likely take more than one session to fully correct the problem.
Schedule An Appointment
Don’t let hip pain dictate your life. When you spend each day filled with discomfort, it’s time to reach out for help. Contact our workers comp doctor in Nassau County today to get your sessions of treatment started!