Have you been injured on the job? At Island Chiropractic, we are a 100% covered and an authorized workers compensation office that is covered by worker’s compensation insurance. Chiropractic care can effectively treat conditions such as herniated disc(s), lower back pain, and neck pain among many other ailments. If you have sustained an injury while at work, visit us to make an appointment with a chiropractor near Westbury.
What is worker’s compensation insurance?
In the United States, worker’s compensation laws protect employers from being sued and allow employees to receive care for any injuries that they have sustained while at work. In simpler terms, employees that have been injured on the job are given a certain amount of money to use for treatment in an effort to eliminate the need for legal intervention.
What sort of injuries are commonly sustained while on the job?
Workplace injuries can differ, depending on what field you’re involved in. For example, if you work in an office typing all day, you may sustain a carpal tunnel injury. If you are employed in a more physical job such as construction or engineering, injuries can range from broken bones to sprains and strains.
Some of the most common injuries that are caused at work include:
- Strains and sprains
- Broken and/or fractured bones
- Caught “in-betweens” (being crushed, struck or caught in structure or material)- causing a variety of injuries including contusions, concussion, herniated discs, sprains, strains and broken bones
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Non-specified injuries including soreness and swelling (can be due to soft tissue injuries)
How can chiropractic care treat workplace injuries?
Chiropractic care uses a variety of treatment methods to treat injuries. Some of the more commonly used treatments include but are not limited to:
- Chiropractic adjustment
- This is generally done manually, relieving pain in the neck and low back
- Chiropractic massage
- Electric muscle stimulation
- Provides a multitude of benefits including relaxation, improved range of motion and increased blood flow to promote healing.
- Microcurrent therapy
- Great for muscle spasm relief.
Are you an employer?
At Island Chiropractic, we also offer chiropractic consultation services in the case that you would like a chiropractor to evaluate the ergonomics of your workspace. This can reduce your insurance premiums, saving you money in the long run. Contact us here for a chiropractor near Westbury that offers chiropractic consultations for workplaces!